Our mission is to use the E5F2 model to educate our scholars.
- Engaging Educational Experience.
- Developing Emotional Intelligence.
- Cultivating an Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Inspire creativity in Media and Film.
- Building students to become Financially Literate young adults.
Empowering young adults to be independent freethinkers ready for the world.
Message From Our Principals
Achieve Your Goal
As a public school, LA Promise Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of the characteristics listed in Education Code Section 220 (actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, immigration status, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, or association with an individual who has any of the aforementioned characteristics).
- Option A: This application must be completed in its entirety and submitted to
- LAPCHS Main Office, 1755 W. 52nd St, Los Angeles, CA 90062.All applications must be completed and received by February 7, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. in order to be considered for February 21, , 2020 Lottery. Applications that are received after 5:00 p.m. on February 7, 2020 will be placed on the wait list.To learn more or if you have a question, reach out to Ms. Herbert at 323-375-5273.
- Click here for the LAPCHS Lottery Form 20-21 (English & Spanish)
- Option B: Head over to Apply LA and submit it online!
- Click here to head over, create an account and submit your application.
Once enrolled, The following documents will be requested:
❏ Birth Certificate ❏ Immunization Record ❏ Proof of Residence ❏ Parent Identification ❏ Individualized Education Plan I.E.P. (if applicable) ❏ Pupil Accounting Report P.A.R./Transcript ❏ Student Information Release form ❏ Walking Field Trip Form ❏ Media Release Form ❏ Student Parent Pledge ❏ Student Parent Handbook ❏ Technology Handbook Agreement ❏ Health Clearance ___ Allergies ___Vision ____Asthma ❏ Caregiver Form (if applicable)
California Education Code Requirements
California Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4) (California Law) states the following:
A charter school shall not discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school for any reason, including, but not limited to, academic performance of the pupil or because the pupil exhibits any of the following characteristics:
- Academically low-achieving
- Economically disadvantaged (determined by eligibility for any free or reduced price meal program)
- English learner
- Foster youth
- Neglected or delinquent
- Sexual orientation
- Pupils with disabilities
A charter school shall not request a pupil’s records or require the parent, guardian, or pupil to submit the pupil’s records to the charter school before enrollment.
A charter school shall not encourage a pupil currently attending the charter school to disenroll from the charter school or transfer to another school for any reason (except for suspension or expulsion).
A charter school shall not encourage a pupil currently attending the charter school to disenroll from the charter school or transfer to another school for any reason, including, but not limited to, academic performance of the pupil or because the pupil exhibits any of the characteristics described in clause (iii) of subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2). This subparagraph shall not apply to actions taken by a charter school pursuant to the procedures described in subparagraph (J) of paragraph (5) of subdivision (b).
This notice shall be posted on a charter school’s Internet website and a charter school will provide copies of this notice (1) when a parent, guardian, or pupil inquires about enrollment; (2) before conducting an enrollment lottery, and (3) before disenrollment of a pupil.
In order to submit a complaint, complete the Charter School Complaint Form and submit the form to the charter school authorizer, LACOE, electronically or in hard copy, using the following form: